Sunday, February 14, 2010

Eat My Tattoo aka I Love Shortbread

 





My husband & I don't really do anything for each other for Vday now that we're married. It just seems silly & a waste of money. We get our daughter Valentines but that's pretty much it. So I decided to make some Valentines day cookies for her with my heart cookie cutters.

Then, I realized that I have black food coloring I've never used.

And thought it would be great to make black heart cookies for my husband and red ones for my daughter. Then I thought I would use some gel frosting to add a little red heart to the black heart cookies.

Then I realized that I had a bat cookie cutter.

This meant I could make edible versions of my tattoo!

I was so excited!

So, I used my shortbread recipe I posted earlier, with a couple of  Tbsps of milk added and used 1 Tbsp + 2 tsps of black food coloring and baked.

They came out great! I made heart ones too, and plan to ice "WWJJD" onto those later today.

I gave my husband a tattoo cookie and he laughed his butt off!

No comments: