Sunday, April 19, 2009

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies

So I got a random craving for oatmeal cookies.

But not just any oatmeal cookies. I'm very picky when it comes to oatmeal cookies.

I don't like them with raisins because raisins are an abomination, and I don't even like them with chocolate chips. I don't like them with anything but oatmeal and cookie.

Finding a recipe to fit this criteria was more difficult than I had imagined.

But, happily, I did locate one that suited my pallet at Thibeaults Table & they're perfect!

They're low on the oats, and heavy on the cookie but not so heavy that you'd miss the oats.

Perfection!

Recipes From Thibeault's Table
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 2/3 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
Preheat oven to 350

In a small separate bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.

In a larger bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.

Add egg and beat until smooth.

Add vanilla and beat on low

Stir the combined flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into butter mixture.

Add rolled oats a little at a time & beat on low with each addition


Roll into medium sized balls

Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden.

Cookies should not get brown.
Remove from oven & cool on rack

A dear friend came by just as I was taking these out of the oven & we sat on the back porch in the sunshine nibbling on these beauties. It was a very good day!

No comments: