Sunday, June 28, 2009

Coconut Steamed Rice with Fruit

This is one I kind of just made up as I went along, and although no one else in my house hold likes, I like it. A LOT. REALLY A LOT.

In fact, I see this becoming a new summer staple.

I inherited a Panasonic Rice Steamer a few years back, when a friend of my husbands upgraded his. It's the best thing in the whole world & I don't know how to make rice any other way now. So all of my rice is steamed to absolute fool proof perfection every time.

So please pardon my directions here as they are kind of sketchy & not exactly precise.

  • cover rice with an equal mix of water and Calahua Coconut Cream and steam.
  • when it's done, set it out to cool down to room temperature
  • top with slices of fresh pineapple and raspberries.

and enjoy.

it's seriously ohmygodgood. sweet but really good!

once it cooled completely I covered with the raspberries & stored in the fridge, but when I want to have it, I'll slice the pineapple at that time.

No comments: