Sunday, January 3, 2010

Irish Creme made at home


This requires a good deal of whiskey.

Just putting that out there right off the bat.

My husband got a bottle of Jameson's from his work crew for Christmas, but he never touches the stuff any more. He pretty much sticks to Bass Ale & he's good.

However, I couldn't allow it to just *sit* there. All alone. By itself. Doing nothing. Going to waste. But I sure wasn't planning on doing shots of it any time soon either.

And that's when I ran across this recipe from Cupcake Project. Perfect!

The post's label is 'You'll Never Buy It Again', and I totally agree. This recipe is so simple and quick, that I see no reason to ever buy it from the store ever again. The most expensive ingredient is the whiskey, but this will make enough to last you a while.

I altered it a little bit from the listed recipe, but you can go to that blog to see what the difference is.

  • 1 Cup light cream
  • 14 oz Carnation brand sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 2/3 C Irish whiskey (I used Jameson's and you can use more or less to taste.)
  • 2 Tablespoons of coffee
  • 2 T Hershey's chocolate syrup
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 t almond extract
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and set on high speed for 30 seconds.
  2. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using.
  3. Will keep for up to 2 months.

voila.

Couldn't be easier & it's good. STRONG. but GOOD!

No comments: