Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Preparation

Currently, my husband and I have 2 cars in the shop because they are dead. And the one remaining functional car we have now has a semi-working ignition because someone tried, unsuccesfully, to steal it by jamming a screw-driver in the lock. The mechanic told us that it would be $1,000 for parts and labor (since it's an import) or he could grease the crap out of it for $25 and we'd just have to 'jiggle' it a little & pray.

Obviously, we went the jiggle and pray route since it's the week of the holiday and our shopping isn't done.

This means I will be making cookies to give to our friends and families for the holiday.


Thankfully, a number of cookie recipes that I've posted recently are of the "do-ahead-and-store-in-the-fridge" variety.

Currently, I have 3 batches of chocolate cookie dough in my freezer (although one of those batches may not work. I tried to use a diabetic friendly sugar substitute and it didn't work as well as I thought it would)

And today, I've got to make 3 batches of sugar and at least 2 batches of chocolate chip.

That way all that my husband & I have to do is roll them, bake them & bag them.

In between all of this, I also have to make the chocolate chip muffins my husband is in love with.

I just hope I have enough ingredients for all of this because it's snowing here. REALLY snowing here. From the reports I've heard, most of the east coast is blanketed with a ton of snow right now.

So if you're getting snowed on, stay warm & take care and have a happy holiday!

No comments: