Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the ginger snap saga continues

Ok, so I think they taste good. But, I like anything with ginger & since I made them, it was hard for me to tell whether or not they were actually good. And based on past experience, I assumed they were not good. But I put a couple in my husbands lunch bag yesterday, just to get him to try one to see what he thought of them.

And now, they have officially been given two thumbs up.

Yesterday my phone rang & it was my husband:

Never: "DOOD!! Who made these ginger snaps?!"
Me: "...uhhm..me?"
Never: "NOWAY! REALLY?!"
Me: "Yeah, really. Those were the ones I made on Sunday. Why? What's wrong with them?"
Never:"NOTHING is WRONG with them! They're AWESOME!"
Me: "For real? You like them?!"
Never: "Yeah!! These are the bomb! YOU made them?!?!"
Me: "Yes!! I made them! I'm glad you like them! So...this recipe is a keeper then?"
Never: "Hell yeah it is! I love gingersnaps, but I hate how hard they are. But these are all nice and soft and moist! They're so good! Send more in my lunch tomorrow!"

So there you have it. The Chewy Ginger Snaps are a success. Who knew? I actually baked something that came out good!

No comments: