Sunday, January 11, 2009

Never's Nasty Pasta Salad


My husbands nick name is "Never". Don't ask. So hence forth, I will refer to him as such. He's a VERY picky eater. Generally speaking, we very rarely like the same foods, and more often than not, we both find that what the other one is eating is totally disgusting.

This pasta salad is an example of that.

Since I'm the kitchen wench, I make it, but to his liking.

Other people who've tried this say they like it, but I tell you, this is NOT something I'd put in my mouth on purpose. So, maybe someone out there will like this, but I'm just saying, this is something strictly for my husband. I DO NOT eat this. It's pretty to look at. As far as pasta salads go. It's just not yummy.

This is typically a summer dish, but he had a random craving for it & wants to take it in his lunch this week, so I made it again.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (or vegonaise to make it vegan)
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons SPICY yellow mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 cup sliced black olives
  • 2 green bell peppers
  • radishes to taste
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1: Cook the macaroni. (duh.)
Step 2: When the pasta has cooled add the vinegar, mustard & mayo
Step 3: chop up the bell pepper, olives and the radishes & toss them in. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Stir well & chill in the fridge

serve cold.

enjoy (even though I think it's oogy)

No comments: