Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Starting with the pantry.

So I was making peanut butter cups and realized I was out of peanut butter. After I had already made two batches of chocolate shells. I was fairly certain that I had a full unopened jar in The Pantry of Doom. Somewhere. As I was digging around for it, my hand landed on something thick and sticky. This is never a good thing.

OK, pbcups went on hold as I pulled everything out to discover the bottle of Karo Syrup and been knocked over and spilled all over the shelf.

Clearly, my pantry needed some help in the way of cleaning and organizing. My daughter was doing the same thing in her room and inspired me to pick up some containers.

This isn't exactly a before picture, it's more of a In-The-Middle-Of picture

After cleaning up the syrup, throwing away two trash bags full of outdated sundries, including, I might add, that peanut butter jar I had been looking for to begin with, organizing and labeling the containers, I had this thing of beauty


Complete with a fresh jar of peanut butter.

I realize this isn't a recipe post, but I am pretty darn proud of myself and wanted to share it.

So, I will leave you with a link to one of my current favorite recipes:

Chickpea and Avocado Sammich. I can't get enough of this & it's super easy to make.

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/smashed-chickpea-avocado-salad-sandwich/

Enjoy!

No comments: